Contributing to the Project
How to go about contributing code to the project
The Ghostwriter team welcomes contributions on GitHub.The team is open to discussing ideas for changes or enhancements and will review code contributions.
If you want to discuss an idea, submit a GitHub Issue.
If the idea has not been discussed, please clearly describe/answer the following:
- What is the problem you are trying to solve?
- What do want to accomplish with the change?
- Do you have an example of how your idea might be implemented?
The team can't address every idea or issue immediately but does accept pull requests. If you feel up to it, consider implementing your idea and submitting the code for review.
The Ghostwriter project gladly accepts pull requests (PR). All PRs must include the following:
- Your code, based on the latest
- Clear statement describing what the changes and why
- List of documentation changes (if any) that will need to be made if the PR is merged
- New or updated unit tests covering your additions or changes
Your PR will be automatically reviewed by GitHub Actions. The PR must pass these CI/CD checks before it can be accepted by a member of the project team.